Comfort food is basically a genre of food in itself. And here at Gourmet Chips we like to add in our own little twist on some comforting classics. Today we tackle the legendary tuna melt. So easy to make and so tasty, it can only be made better by adding in our Aubrey D. Chipotle Spicy Mayo.
- 1 (6 ounce) can of white tuna
- 4 slices whole wheat or rye bread
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of Aubrey D. Chipotle Mayo
- 1 stalk of celery
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 thick slices of tomato
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1 dash of our Rebel Jalapeno Hot Sauce for an extra kick (optional)
- Preheat your toaster oven to 300 degrees on broil.
- Combine and mix tuna, Chipotle Mayo, chopped chives, and chopped celery in bowl.
- Add seasonings.
- Place 4 slices of whole wheat or rye bread with a slice of cheese on each in toaster oven.
- Allow to melt in broiler (I personally wait until the cheese is bubbling).
- Then take bread out of the oven, place tomato slices on two of the slices of bread.
- Spread tuna mixture on top.
- Top the sandwiches with the other two slices.
- Broil again on both sides until the bread is toasted to your liking
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!