Hot and spicy! This BBQ beans dish is a great side for brisket, sausages and ribs.
- 4 cans baked beans
- 1 cup Aubrey D. Rebel Habanero BBQ Sauce
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup Aubrey D. Jalapeno Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Spice or seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Aubrey D. Rebel Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. Remove bacon, reserving some bacon grease in pan, and allow to bacon cool. Once cooled, crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet with bacon grease. Saute onions until they begin to slightly brown and look shiny. Remove from heat.
- Add all ingredients to a large stock pot or slow cooker. Mix ingredients thoroughly. Cover pot and allow to simmer on medium low to low heat for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately. Beans can also be made up to 3 days in advance. Store in a large air tight container in refrigerator. Rewarm on stove top over medium low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.