Being that we are a hot sauce and condiment company, we are all about dip-able snacks. My stomach is already grumbling just thinking about these Cheesy Portobello Fries. We already have the spicy ketchup that goes perfectly with this snack, so all you gotta do is make the fries!
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- ¾ cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Use damp washcloth to clean off tops of mushrooms.
- Remove stems and use spoon to scrape out the gills.
- Slice mushrooms into ½ inch thick strips.
- Combine and mix breadcrumbs, oregano, parsley and Parmesan into small bowl.
- Place flour in second small bowl.
- Beat eggs in a third small bowl.
- Coat each mushroom strip in flour, then in eggs, then in breadcrumb mix.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil in a large heavy-bottom pot over medium heat until it reaches 365°.
- Fry Portobellos in small batches until golden brown, turning occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer fries to a plate lined with paper towel and season with salt immediately.
- Return the oil to 365° between each batch.
- Serve warm with Aubrey D. Jalapeno Ketchup.